We are playing Horsforth Colts away Sunday 11th November in a 10am Kick Off where we played them in the pre-season friendly.
Directions to Bedquilts.
Head towards Otley from Lawnswood roundabout on the ring road, go past Lawnswood cemetery on left and then turn right just after the garage, then first left – the car park is 100 yards up the road on the right signposted for Leeds Metropolitan University.
Please be there at least 20 minutes before KO.
Full playing squad required.
Please let me know ASAP if you are NOT available.
NB – I’ve been asked to inform you all of this message I received last night from Horsforth.
I was requested to attend a meeting today with Cllr Anderson (Adel & Wharfedale Ward) and the Police regarding the parking issues encountered at Bedquilts.
From this meeting, it is clear that people are not driving with consideration to other people (either as persons or properties). Also, there has been some major issues with parking, leading to the Police being called on site.
With this in mind, it was agreed today to ask for all the clubs playing on Sunday morning at Bedquilts to consider the following:
1) Car sharing to decrease the traffic within the area.
2) Get to the ground early so that if there is traffic issues, you still allow yourself plenty of time to not start panicking about where to park.
3) Make sure you do not park on people’s drive-ways as they are private properties.
4) Inform your opponents that there is very limited car park space available around the ground so they can plan accordingly.
5) Make sure you park in a way that would still emergency services to access the pitches.
Also, please note that there will be police presence again this Sunday, and they will giving notice to cars parked illegally, and also may remove cars blocking local resident access.
I would be grateful if you could please pass this information onto your visiting team.