New Futsal & Education programme to be run by The Leeds United Foundation from September 2012.
The programme was first piloted in Cardiff last year (where they currently have over 60 players playing futsal during the week and football for their local clubs on the weekend), and has been a huge success, as a result it is now being rolled out nationwide through our Governing Body, The Football League Trust.
Leeds United are just one of a number of clubs running the program in the Yorkshire region. Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield, Hull City, Doncaster Rovers, and Rotherham United are to name a few.
The Leeds United Foundation Futsal and Education programme is a BTEC Level 3 Academic programme that uses the sports of Futsal and Football as the hook to engage the learners.
The programme is a 2 year programme, 16 hours per week consisting of the following outcomes:
- Representing Leeds United at Futsal
- 8 hours per week of Education at Elland Road
- 8 hours per week of Futsal training
- Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport (up to 3 A-Levels)
- Regular Futsal Coaching with Leeds United FA Qualified Coaches
- Minimum of fortnightly fixtures against other professional futsal teams
- Opportunities to represent regional / national Futsal teams
- Opportunities to train and play in a new state of the art Futsal arena
- Once in a life time opportunity to visit a European Futsal team (last year the team was FC Barcelona)
The Futsal and Education programme allows candidates to enhance their education and practical ability whilst also being able to continue training and playing for their local team. So this programme will work alongside the players current football training and fixture programme.
We are looking for players between ages of 16-18 years of age who would be interested in this programme. We have 16 places available, so we wouldn’t want any players to miss out on this super opportunity.
If you have a player who is interested in this fantastic opportunity you need to contact The Club Secretary to request a player recommendation form. Once completed the player needs to send it along with a CV, to the email address below to be considered for a place.
Here is a promotional video clip so you can see at first hand the impact the programme has had with current players.
The course starts in September 2012 and we don’t want players to miss out. There are only 16 places available. All interested coaches and players can contact Michael direct on 0113 367 6341 or email him at Michael.email@example.com